Friday, July 07, 2006

FLaShBaCk FRiDaY!


So I thought I'd share a little story from my childhood with you.
When my twin brother and I were 7, the movie of all movies hit the big screen. This was not just any movie. This was THE movie that changed the future of movies as we know it. Can you guess what it was? This was 1977 by the way. Here's a hint:
"Will someone get this big walking carpet out of my way!"


Man I wish I could figure out how to insert music on my blog cause I'd have the theme music blasting right now!

My brother and I wanted to see this movie so badly. Badly enough that one day when my parents had some friends over at the house, we decided that they would be perfect cover for our plan. So, we told our parents that we were going to go for a "jog". A "jog"? I mean....couldn't we have come up with something better than that? In reality, our "jog" was to the downtown Libertyville Movie Theater. Two hours later, we came out of the theater deliriously excited and couldn't stop talking about how that was the coolest movie EVER. We probably even talked about what action figures we wanted to get for Christmas and which would be better.....an X-wing fighter or the Millenium Falcon? And I'm pretty sure I know what we dressed up as for Halloween that year.

When we got to the end of our street, we realized that we needed to make it look like we had been jogging for the last two hours. So we ran as fast as we could for that one block. Red faced and out of breath, we went in the house to find our parents and their friends still sitting in the same place they were when we left. My brother and I looked at each other as if thinking the same thing.

"We really pulled it off!"

And then we played Star Wars the rest of the afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget, we had had a note "from our parents" stating that we were allowed to see the movie since it was rated PG. Its a good thing no one asked for one eh?