Thursday, July 19, 2007

Jack turned 5!

I wasn't sure he would actually live to see the day.

My oldest two kids have spent the last week tag teaming who would be the one to either throw a tantrum or give me attitude. I have fought more battles over the most rediculous things this week than I can remember. And I actually had the words, "You keep it up and I'll GIVE you something to cry about" fall out of my mouth.
This was our morning:
My mom was going to take him to the movies with his sister but he said, "I don't WANT to go." So, not wanting to fight that battle, I said, "Then you don't GET to go." My mom took Lauren and Erik instead. I wasn't sure who was being punished more though. Jack for being stubborn or my mom for having to take a 2 year old who had never even been to the movies before. The trick, by the way, to get a 2 year old to sit still for 2 hours......Skittles.


Then I told the kids I'd take them to Wendy's for lunch. I heard they had Junie B. Jones book CD's in the kid's meals. He wanted to go to Burger King. The closest Burger King is probably 5 miles further away. I went to Wendys. He didn't eat his kid's meal. And now it's only 1:00 PM and I desperately needed a diet Coke but I drank the last one at 9:00.....AM. Right after the movie battle. Momma no happy.

He told me he wanted a Power Rangers cake for his birthday. I really do try my best to accomodate their requests. I draw the line though with anything Bratz related or involving lasers and needing an engineering degree.

Here's the cake I came up with:

He thought it was cool. My mom thought it was a sunflower. I thought it was funny that the name of the color on the Wilton frosting gel package said, "Pooh yellow or Pooh". It definately looked like Poo(h). He got a couple of transformer toys. I felt it was time he upgraded from the big legos that he would use as he ran around the house making assorted noises to something a little more five-year-oldish. He also got a bunch of new clothes and a backpack for when he starts kindergarten in THREE WEEKS! ( see my sad face? )

All day kindergarten is starting to sound VERY tempting.

1 comment:

*Merry Girls* said...

You did a really good job on the cake. I am having the same sad face about my five year old and school. You have a really cute family.