Monday, August 06, 2007

Speaking of my "What were you like in High School" post:

I realized my 20 year High School reunion will be coming up next year. Holy Cow! 20 years??? I have friends my age who have kids graduating from High School this year.



As I was doing some cleaning the other week, I came across some oldies but goodies. I thought I'd share my keen '80's fashion style with you. Big hair, mullets and all........


Oh yeah....and you aren't allowed to laugh out loud.



First, I'll start out with my Sophomore year. This is me. I learned to play the marimba in the Marching Band. Yes. I was a band geek for a season. I had actually never played a marimba before in my life and one day, my twin brother came home from marching band practice and mentioned they needed a marimba player. So, me being the type who loves a challenge, I took home the music and made myself a "marimba" using folded up napkins on the dining room floor. I practiced my "marimba" all weekend and when Monday came, I showed up to practice after school and played along. With 2 mallets in each hand no less. I remember the two girls who played the bells next to me being totally jealous when I told them I learned to play over the weekend.



And here's me at my Junior Prom. Would you believe the guy I went with was 14? I was only 16 and two years in the whole scheme of things really isn't a huge deal. But he was cute and played football and that's all that really mattered back then.




Then we have my Senior year. This is me in our Madrigal choir group. My guy friends all had competitions our senior year to see who could grow their hair the longest by the end of the year. This picture was taken in May so as you can see, the hair growth is quite impressive in this picture. My Senior year boyfriend is they guy sitting on the right. He was a total preppy boy and drove a black Saab with a moonroof. I thought it was cool.



And.......here we are at the Senior Prom. Me and my Madonna-esque gloves.




20 year reunion? Bring it on!

2 comments:

Lorena said...

I am so impressed! I don't think anyone would want to see my high school pictures. There is one where my bangs are totally covering half of my face. That one always makes the kids laugh.

Of course, Dane had an awesome mullet. He even had curls, so it was the envy of many who otherwise would have gone out to get perms. YUCK! I sure hope that fad never comes back in style.

We love watching "I love the 80's" because it bring it all back.

I didn't realize how much Lauren resembles you. That is so cute!

So fun to get to go out with you guys tonight! My kiddos just love Lauren, so it will definitely go in as one of their favorite days!

Kyle Is Neat said...

Love you blog!!! Oh the high school memories... time flies by!