Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Hawanna Hava Hula Party


I promised Lauren I'd let her have a birthday party after last year's fiasco!


We squeezed in the date between Kirk's weekends at school and her baptism day. We put together some invitations.

We ordered a plethora of party favors and decorations.









We booted the boys from the house.

Then we partied Hawaiian style!




We decorated flip flops............

I thought it would be fun to give the girls "hawaiian" names to wear on name tags but realized half of the girls already had hawaiian sounding names. Eh......oh well. So much for creativity.


And opened presents.............

Made an attempt at a ukelele cake with a lei draped on it.



Then we ate it.............

It was a whole lot of fun!


Hau`oli la Hanau Lauren!

7 comments:

Meredith Ferrin said...

Cute party idea! I love the cake, adorable!

Lorena said...

The girls had a blast! Cute cake! I know two girls who didn't eat it, though. I don't know what's wrong with them, seriously!

Anonymous said...

how fun!! You are always so creative with your parties. And that looks like a yummy cake.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa! I found your blog through Wendy. How are you? We are still in Philly? Are you homesick for it?

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I would be delighted to! Doesn't your family live in Doylstown? That's like 40 minutes away! Not too far.
Here's my email: cabm.taylor@gmail.com

Email me or you can get my phone number from Wendy!

Annette Bybee said...

Wow. You are creative! My kids are going to be lucky to get cake and balloons! :) Hi, this is the former Annette Mashler from the old single days. I found your blog on Kyle's blog. It's nice to see that you and Kirk are doing so well. What a lovely family! I've been thinking about putting a weight loss counter on my blog too, after the next baby comes in May. :)

Anonymous said...

what a cute idea - and love the cake. happy (belated) birthday lauren!