Sunday, October 05, 2008

I don't mean LITERALLY.....

We're still potty training Erik. He is specifically the reason I refused to adopt one of my parent's new kittens. I wasn't about to potty train a cat at the same time. Although, the cat would probably have been easier. Thank goodness I only have to do this one more time. In the whole process, I've gotten lazy as evidenced by the fact that one day while we were working outside and he needed to go, I took his pants off and told him to pee on the rocks. That cool new idea set us back a few days trying to "undo".

A few weeks ago as we were getting the kids to bed, I called Erik over to put his "britches" ( pull ups ) on. He threw a huge fit saying, "NO! I don't WANT to wear britches to bed! I want to wear BIG BOY PANTS!"


Wow. Ok. I wasn't quite prepared for that kind of response. I was still struggling with the foul rituals of the day time accidents. I wasn't quite prepared for the night time noxious sheet changing. Not without a little more warning. I needed time to stock up on some more Resolve and Febreeze.

But we went for it. I tried to explain to him that if he's going to wear his big boy pants to bed, then he'll need to make sure he goes "pee pees" in the potty. I then put a towel on top of his sheets ( again, not prepared and didn't want to make the effort to make his bed with a mattress pad ). I told him that the towel is there just in case he has an accident in the middle of the night and pees and that the pee will go on the towel and not his sheets.


See where this is going yet?

It was evident that I used too many literal words in my explanation because when Kirk went to check on him the next morning, he was standing next to his bed............


peeing on the towel.


Kirk asked him what ( on earth! ) he was doing. He exclaimed that he was peeing on the towel so it wouldn't get on the sheets.




Boys.


7 comments:

AZ Karen said...

Hahahaha...That's hilarious.

I'm glad we're past that stage here. So. So. Glad!

Anonymous said...

ROFL!!! oh goodness. Time to get a vinyl mattress cover.

Rachelle said...

LOL! now that is funny!

Kyle Is Neat said...

That is funny... my son will still "whip it out" in the back yard and pee (we have discouraged this). The problem is my daughter tries to copy her brother not realizing the plumbing difference...

Jana said...

Oh the places Tyson has peed! Such fun! So let me get this straight... the sheets were dry to next day? Sucess!!! I love Lauren's cake! Such a cute party!

Mike and Erika said...

LOL! That is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

:giggle: