Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Nothing like an exercise DVD

like this one to show you how white and rhythm less you really are.



I'll be the first to admit that it's marketing at its finest. Slap a picture of a half naked Will Smith look- a- like on the front showing off his sweaty six pack. I mean, who wouldn't think that it genuinely works? Or at the very least, work better than the other "Abs of Steel" or "Six Minute Six Pack" videos collecting dust on my shelf.



Let me give you a tip. I can get a better workout typing a blog about "Hip Hop Abs" than actually doing it. I quickly learned that arms, legs and abs weren't meant to move in opposing, abnormal directions. I knew I wasn't doing something right when less than five minutes into the workout, "Shaun T" was sweating like a pig and I might as well have vacuumed.


So as not to seem like I didn't give this DVD a chance, let me break it down in a slanguage that some with the exception of my spellchecker, might understand.
---------------------------------------
Da DVD is whack, yo. Don't go spend'n Benjamins on it y'all 'cause it ain't kickin it like in the crib yo. True dat. But I want to give a shout-outz to the fly girlz yo. You go girlz! Word. So, instead of git'n dis DVD, go 'n git u some nice bling bling. If u know what I'm saying, give me a shout-outz and say, "Hey......Ho.....Hey......Ho!"
------------------------
Guess tomorrow I'll vacuum.

5 comments:

Curt, Charlene, Luke, Ty, Jake and Chase said...

When I need a laugh, I just come to your blog! You crack me up! Sorry I'm so sucky at responding back to you. I am WAY excited that you found my blog and that we can keep in touch now! By the way, how did you find my blog? Just curious.

:) Charlene

lackrik said...

CHARLENE!!!!

I was blog surfing from my sister in laws blog who sent me to Trisha's blog who sent me to yours.

:) I know. I'm a blog stalker. lol

GREAT to hear from you!

shauna said...

hey ho hey ho--is that what I am supposed to say?

You are a true jewel. I wish more people knew about your creative brain.

Good luck with that typing exercise! I'm doing mine too!

Taffi said...

ooh, this sounds an awful lot like my dissing of the 'thighs of steel' tape from a couple years ago. what makes us think that we can do these things? LOL

have fun vacuuming.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, this post totally needs video...

ROFL!!!

Melanie