Thursday, January 03, 2008

Ahhh. Christmas Break

When does school start again?

This is a conversation that took place at my house today:

Me: Lauren, STOP kicking your brother!
( Lauren continuing to kick and brother yelling "OWww!")
Lauren: NO!
Me: YES! And you will spend 5 minutes in your room for every time you tell me "no."
Lauren: NO!
Me: 10 minutes
Lauren: NO!
Me: (flustered )20 minutes
Lauren: NO! Hey! It's 15 minutes! We're counting by 5's!
Me: Fine. 15 minutes!
Lauren: NO!
Me: You're up to 20 minutes now.........

(silence as she contemplates her predicament then picture me dragging her up the stairs to her room because she won't go on her own.)

After about 5 minutes, she comes back downstairs thinking her punishment is over. I told her she had 2 choices. She either spent the rest of her 15 minutes up in her room or she had to pay me a dollar.

She went upstairs then came back downstairs and handed me a dollar and told me she better be extra good because she didn't have any more dollars.

I'm thinking I just found me a new part-time job!

4 comments:

AZ Karen said...

Brilliant! I do the same. My kids pay me .50 for every article of clothing left on the bathroom floor...1 pair of socks=$1.00, if I get all the jammies, the socks and a bathrobe, I'm good for a lunch date.

lackrik said...

See! It totally could be my part time job! I'd rake in the $$ if I started charging for clothes and toys too.

shauna said...

Wow that she figured it out herself. Spanking is highly over rated. Hitting the wallet instead seems even more effective than santa threats.

Taffi said...

oooh, me likey.