Monday, June 02, 2008

well Poo!

So I took Erik to go "pee pees" in the potty today. We're still kind of working on the #2 part. He tells me "I'm thinking it's too hard." Okay. Fine.

I went upstairs to get the baby up from his nap and heard two flushes of the toilet downstairs. Intrigued, I went downstairs to see what Erik was up to.

He was standing in the family room bum naked and I asked, "Erik, did you go poopies in the potty?"

He replied with enthusiasm, "YES! I put the POOPIES in the POTTY!" Of course, I was a little skeptical and went to the bathroom afraid I'd have a mess that I really didn't want to have to clean up. But, I didn't see anything! He really DID go poopies in the potty!!!

We proceeded to dance and shout "YAY! Erik went poopies in the potty!"

I then looked around to put his big boy pants back on but only saw his shorts.

"Erik? Where are your big boy pants?"

With as much excitement as he could muster he said while pointing to the toilet, "I put the poopies in the potty mommy!"

Already knowing the answer to my question, I hesitantly asked,"You mean you poopied in your big boy pants and then put the big boy pants in the potty?"

"Yes! I put them in the potty then FLUSH!"

Well Poop. Guess we're not as close to being done as I thought.

4 comments:

Jana said...

cute... how cute!!! (giggle giggle)

Kyle Is Neat said...

This is too funny!! At least he's making progress.

AZ Karen said...

That's a tough one. Do you discipline for flushing the underwear, or rejoice that he 'gets' where the poop goes?

I don't mean to rub it in...but I'm so HAPPY to be out of that phase of life!

Lorena said...

Sometimes I want to flush poopy underwear down the toilet anyway.