Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hello. This is old age calling......

This week's conversation with Erik


ERIK: Mom.....what's this? ( pointing to my parent's corded phone )
ME: That's a phone honey.
ERIK: ( looking puzzled as he picks it up and checks it out) No it's not.
ME: ( Rolling on the floor laughing ) It's not? Well then, what is it?
ERIK: I don't know but it's not a phone silly mommy.
I suppose in all of his three years, he has never seen a phone with a cord before. He hasn't seen a camera that doesn't display the picture for a few seconds after you take the shot either. He also has never known a world that didn't have Spongebob or Elmo.

2 comments:

Lorena said...

Yeah...until recently my father-in-law had a 35mm camera and it was a blast watching my kids go over to him so they could see the picture. Needless to say, he has recently converted to a digital one.

We missed Lauren swimming on Friday...was this a case of Mommy Brain?

Company EIGHT said...

I remember my mom making comments to me about not always have a microwave, and I looked at her like she was crazy. Now it's my turn to experience that..