Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Blog Hits

I've learned that there is a trick to getting your blog to show up as one of the first links when people do a Google search.
You have to put special "key words" in your blogs. Words like "Flip Flop" which will come up as a result for either the shoe kind or about Presidential candidates. Then there are the common phrases like, "The 12 days of Christmas", "How I survived my summer vacation", "terrible twos" and "Big boy room" which seem to be pretty popular searches.


The searches I'm a little concerned with though are "Redneck pooltable" and "the meaning of brokeback". I mean....do people really have a need to look up a redneck pooltable?


So, I've made a list of the coolest places that I've had blogs hits.



1. Lahore, Pakistan
2. Managua, Nicaragua
3. Auckland, NZ
4. Tel Aviv, Israel
5. Derby, England
6. Jerusalem, Israel
7. Hadera, Israel
8. Brisbane, Queensland Australia
9. Tegucigalpa, Honduras
10. Escades-Engordany, Andorra
11. Delhi, India



Now that I think about it, maybe I shouldn't admit I've had hits from Derby, England. It might get me on a CIA watch list or something.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I am new to this blogging thing. How do you know where the hits are coming from?

I actually was about to redoe my sons room as a 'big boy room' and googled that exact thing. That is exactly how I found your blog. Haha!

Anonymous said...

hey, you're all popular and stuff. you rawk! LOL

I wish I had hits from random places across the globe! :)