Saturday, August 02, 2008

Reboot



I went to the Doctor again for a follow up visit regarding my ankle. For me, going to see a Doctor about a "problem" is like taking your car in because the brakes squeak. There is and always will be....something more egregious wrong. Which is why I try and avoid going to the Doctor, hence, the prolonged ankle issue.


I knew going into the visit that my ankle still didn't feel like it had healed much since my last visit three weeks ago. It was when I saw the MAC daddy footwear that I was now told I needed to wear that I realized my Doctor visit was more like a computer virus than a trip to Midas.



If you are a computer geek, you might understand.




My ankle was BAD. So my ED required a DC and had to REBOOT in order to upgrade to the knee high version 4.0. I guess I had an ECS on my ankle that was both "enhanced" and "chipped" causing the pain. It has a BASM which I've found easy to use although it tends to feel over heated. I'm currently in TM and depending on the TOD, I wear either the dial up version or the upgraded version. I'm hoping that at the EOJ, my ankle will be at an AQL.




In layman's terms: I have a chip fracture on my ankle as well as a torn posterior tibialis tendon. I now have to wear a dumb "boot" for the next three weeks until my next check up. I'm just praying I won't have to reboot to a newer, upgraded "hip" model.



This was my old dial up version which I keep as my back up:


And the computer word "cursor" has taken on a whole new meaning.........


BAD = Broken as designed
ED = External device
DC = Design change
REBOOT = Start up
ECS = Enhanced chip set
BASM = Built in assembler
TM = Test mode
TOD = Time of day
EOJ = End of job
AQL = Acceptable quality level

1 comment:

Jana said...

Doc visits stink... but at some point, we have to listen and do what they want! You wear your Mega-boot! Take care!