Thursday, November 13, 2008

Coo Coo

I was telling the kids tonight about our trip to Philadelphia for Thanksgiving and how we decided to spend a couple of days in New York City and see fun stuff like the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center and Wall Street ( Sounding super enthusiastic, "You know kids.......remember that TV channel I watch every morning? CNBC? That's filmed on Wall Street!" Shameless. I know. I can't help it. ).

The kids started getting excited and exclaiming things like, "That's so cool!" and "We'll get to ride the train!"

Lauren even brought up the story she likes to tell about how she has been to New York City once before for New Year's Eve 1999.....back when she was the size of a grape in my tummy. She admits she couldn't actually HEAR anything though..........

And then Jack said, "YAY! Can you buy Coo Coo clocks there?"


Huh?


Well, I suppose you could find a place that sells coo coo clocks there if you really wanted one. In fact, I'm sure you could find just about anything in New York City if you really wanted to. I reminded him that if he REALLY wanted a coo coo clock that maybe daddy could get him a real one while he is in Switzerland rather than buying a cheap imitation in New York City.

Seriously. With a Tiffanys, Barneys and FAO Schwarz........and he wants a coo coo clock?

3 comments:

AZ Karen said...

That's a funny thing to wish for.

Hey, if you drive thru Harrisburg, stick you head out the window and give a little shout-out to my mom...I'm so jealous that you're going there. Have a great trip.

Anonymous said...

oh, have a wonderful time!

and yeah - a coo coo clock? what up w' dat?

Anonymous said...

Have a great time!! And LOL about the coo coo clock.