Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween hangover

I had a good idea. I just didn't execute it well. I thought of doing a Wizard of Oz theme this year with Lauren as Dorothy and the boys as the scarecrow, tinman and lion. Cute, eh?


Yeah. When Wednesday came and all I had put together was a pair of red shoes, I knew my plan wasn't going to come together as well as I thought in my mind.

Off to plan B.


Isn't there some story somewhere about a tiger, doggy, bat and a princess? With the exception of the bat costume, everything else was either recycled costumes or came from the dress up box. I'm cool with that. I'm telling you, a stress-free halloween is TOTALLY worth it!

Princess Lauren



Jack Bat ( made his wings from an umbrella! )

Erik the puppy (too bad it was 90 degrees outside! He was naked as a jailbird under his costume.)

Ian the tiger ( and already sticky from the candy before even leaving to go trick-or-treating. A couple of times, I put my hand in the candy bowl to pass some out and pulled out a half eaten sucker. )

I must confess: I overheard some Jr. High kids walking up our driveway and commenting on my "Yes for 102" sign saying how they thought gay marriage was cool. They got the icky peanut butter taffy and melted chocolate bars from the 90 degree heat from my bowl. That will teach them...............

3 comments:

AZ Karen said...

I'm all over the stress free Halloween techniques.

You really showed those teenagers...they'll be sorry when they open the peanut butter taffy.

Mela said...

So cute!

Jessica said...

HEY LISA!!! How are you doing?? I can't believe you found my blog. Yes, I am your crazy young woman from many years ago. How is Captian Kirk doing? I can't believe you have 4 kids now, wow!! And Lauren is HUGE! Crazy...no kiddos here, but married life is treating me right. Hope all is well with you. Now I get to keep in touch by blogstocking you :) You better watch out, I'll be watching :) -Jessica (Larsen)