Sunday, November 02, 2008

Success!

I know many of you are sitting there wondering why it is that I've had a bunch of posts this last week after having not posted anything for the whole month. Let me fill you in...........




Our program is DONE! For those who have ever been in charge of one, you know the time and effort that goes in to preparing a primary program. While I enjoy doing it and find it actually kind of fun, it does take a lot of time putting it all together. There's the flow, the programs, the parts, the practice, the seating charts, the kids who don't show for practice which aren't necessarily the same kids who don't show for the program, the musical numbers, the lack of teachers, the making all of the parents happy, the last minute glitches not planned on.............


But ours turned out great. Almost all of the kids had their parts memorized and they sang their songs so well! For our closing song, I created an arrangement using I am a Child of God and If the Savior Stood Beside Me for a few of our teachers to sing. I played the piano and Kirk was part of the ensemble. I received a lot of compliments from it! My mom came to support my efforts and to see Lauren and Jack recite their lines. They did a great job!


For sharing time, my great leaders in our presidency ( sneakily ) put together a sharing time to thank our pianist, music director and myself for our work on the program. It was so cute and so unexpected! Our Primary is truly awesome!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh wow!! That is a great thank you note you got. And yes primary programs are all consuming. I've written 2 of them and been in a presidency for 4 of them and two of those I was either pg or had a newborn. This year I'm a teacher with 13 kids in my class so hopefully I survive!!