Friday, April 28, 2006

Eggstra-special Easter pictures

Yes. I know. It's almost Memorial Day and I'm just now getting around to the Easter blog. Don't let the date of this entry fool you either. I STARTED writing it on the 28th. Today is the 3rd of May.

Be warned. Plethora of pictures lie ahead.

First.
The traditional coloring of the Easter egg. Also referred to as the "Why didn't we remember LAST year that we decided we weren't going to dye eggs anymore?" Atleast we remembered that Easter grass, even on clearance at 90% off isn't worth the mess. After Easter clearance of M and M's or chocolate eggs on the other hand......bargain and a half!




The kids did have fun putting silly face stickers on the eggs. I think they said the purple one on the left in the front was supposed to be me. Sadly, it's probably pretty accurate. We'll see this particular egg again later......

Second.

The staging of the bunny tracks.


Per my family tradition, magical bunny tracks, or Gold Medal flour if you will, are strategically placed on the floor leading the kids to their baskets. This also alludes to the use of the front door when your too-smart-for-her-own-britches five year old asks how the bunny will get in the house. Because duh. Chimneys are for Santa. And he's not here to make sure the bunny doesn't get burned.

Third.

The finding of the eggs. Erik actually found the last egg that the rest of us couldn't find due to the Easter bunny's memory loss.



Fourth.
The counting/hording of the loot and other OCD tendencies. Can you find "my" egg?






Fifth.

Getting ready for church and the showing off of how adoreably cute my children are. Erik was napping so there are only pictures of the older two.



Awe. Sweet.

Right back at 'cha!

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

Cute, cute, cute pics! I love the Easter bunny tracks idea. So going to have to use that one!

ShelahBooksIt said...

I love the tradtions and your kids are totally adorable.

Alicia said...

We really need to get us some traditions around here.

Signed,
The Boring Family

Kermit~the~Frog said...

What fun traditions! I really like the flour trail. Not that I'll use it, because you probably have to clean it up afterwards. I'm too lazy. Heh.

Heather said...

LOVE the BUnny tracks!!!!