Thursday, October 18, 2007

Kid funny for the day:

I went to my son's parent/teacher conference today. He's doing FANTASTIC by the way.....

Afterwards, I went into his classroom to tell Jack that he could come home with me since school was about to end anyways. As I was waiting for him to collect his things, a friendly little girl asked me whose mom I was. I told her I was Jack's mom.

Then she said, "You look a lot like MY mom."

I replied, "Oh. Really?"

Cute, friendly girl said, "Yeah. Her hair looks like yours."

I politely reply, "Oh. She has short flippy hair too, huh?"


Awkward pause.


Cute friendly girl I swear I didn't pay to say it said, "Yeah. But you're prettier."

Don't you just love little kids? They are so candid and brutally honest.

And now I get to be really shallow and spend the rest of the year trying to figure out which one is her mom. Oh come on! Like you wouldn't do the same thing!

7 comments:

shauna said...

And way funnier (just being brutally honest!)

shauna said...

Hey there,

sorry to be a pain, but I am changing my names. Trying to take out real names and wondering if you could change me to Shauna or Pineapple Princess on your links. I can now be found at ksomethingsomething.blogspot.com
thanks and blog on!!

lackrik said...

It's done! :)

Lorena said...

Oh yeah, and I totally consider myself the "hot mom" at the school since my teacher-husband told me I was.

That's why I changed 3 times before we went to our conference last night. Have got to keep up the charade (pronounced sha-rowd).

AZ Karen said...

Ah, couldn't you just be sustained for weeks on a good compliment? LOVE it!

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

hahahahaha that is too funny. I could see my daughter saying something like that.

Congrats on the FANTASTIC boy's report.

shauna said...

Did your ward give you a new calling that makes you too busy to blog? I know your new Bishop, I'll have a chat with him!