Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm "influential"

I was recently voted as one of only fifty influential women in the Phoenix area.


Well, OK. So maybe "voted" isn't the right word. "Selected" might be a better word choice. Alright, FINE. I responded to an email I got on my Facebook account and was probably the only one out of fifty that responded.

But, in my defense, according to the email they sent me it said, and I quote, "You are one of only 50 influential women in the Phoenix area who have been selected to participate in the latest word of mouth marketing program."

And what is it I get to market, you ask? Don't get all jealous now......but I have the pleasure of test driving the new 2008 Dodge Caravan this week and am encouraged to share it with my closest friends and family members. They call it a "living room on wheels". Let me tell you.....this thing is totally decked out! It has two TV monitors that come down and the option of two different videos or satellite TV that can be viewed at the same time. It has a navigation system, Sirius satellite radio, a computer to download your pictures and other miscellaneous stuff ( my husband is totally not going to let me drive this thing this week I know it! ) limo lights in the ceiling, automatic side door openers, reversible bucket seats with an optional table between the middle bucket seats and the back bench seat, back bench seats that adjust to the folded down position with a push of a button, back bench can also adjust as a bench for tailgating parties, outlets and plug ins for your video game console, six disk CD holder that will record the CD so you don't have to keep them in the car and mp3 player. Side windows that open and an alarm with a video monitor to see in the back outside of the van in case a child or object is in the way. If it is, the alarm will sound. And the best thing of all? THIRTEEN CUP HOLDERS!!!!






Got to love American cars!








I'm tempted to take a little "test drive" to San Diego for the weekend. I asked if there was a mileage restriction. They said "no". I almost asked if we could "test drive" it in Florida so we wouldn't have to rent a minivan when we go but I didn't want to push it.


So, it will give me something fun to blog about. Me and my exciting exploits with the minivan. Have a child who needs carpooled? Someone to drive them to a football practice or dance class? Anyone just want to borrow it for themselves for the day? You are more than welcome! You can even sign the test drive guest book they gave me. It will also look like I have lots of friends.

My husband said we should slap the bumper sticker on the back that says, "If the vans a 'rock'n, don't come a knock'n". I'm guessing Dodge wouldn't appreciate that so much.

6 comments:

shauna said...

Okay, I am back and your trip looked like so much fun, memories, lots of $$ spent, cute pics. . .blah, blah, blah OH MY GOSH!!!! WHAT?! Why does this never happen to me?! I only got to touch and test diapers. You are freakishly lucky. I will spread the word. We'll all be over for our test drive. I need to run to my sisters house to see her kids dressed up for Halloween. They live in Utah. Let me know what time I can come by.

But guess what? You totally deserve it!!!

Enjoy.

ps are you going to be chauffering your kids trick or treating or are you going to make them walk!

Kyle Is Neat said...

Wow... that's a nice ride!!

Mela said...

ok, that is similar to the minivan that i want some day!!! Come pick me up on your way to San Diego (i am on the way)! We could take the kids to the beach for the day!

Mela said...

ok, Kyle informed me, THAT is the minivan that I want. Jimmy Neutron does a commercial for it! Yes, we watch Jimmy in our house! :)

Lorena said...

Men...do they think of anything else?

I am so coveting that van! I think my kids would enjoy facing each other...but they would probably kick each other, too.

So, when are you coming out of your way to take my kids to school?

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

That van has a ton of bells and whistles!! I think I should test drive it!!