Thursday, October 04, 2007

Throw down Thursday

If I had written a blog entry about my morning yesterday, it might have gone a little something like this......

The word for the day by the way is "Inadvertently".


I was nursing Ian while my two year old figured out how to open the lower oven door. This all started because he heard me setting the timer for something non baking related and went to the drawer, grabbed a spoon and pointed to the oven saying screaming, "Toochie! Toochie!" That's "cookie" in two year speak. After convincing him in my best Vanna White impersonation by lovingly gesturing with my hands the empty contents of the oven where there were no cookies I in turn inadvertently showed him how to open the oven door. He then thought it would be a good idea to fill the oven with spoons and bottles of glue.

I decided I wasn't going to fight that battle because for one thing, I was nursing a baby and for another thing I figured he could be doing something worse.

I inadvertently figured wrong.

At some point, I looked over and he was holding the right half of a now unhinged door in his arms. I put the baby down and ran over to put the door back on the hinge and realized just how ridiculously heavy that thing really was!
I couldn't fix it so I held it together with some string and packaging tape and hoped that my mechanical engineer husband would be able to figure it out when he got home from work......which he did. In case you ever wanted to know what the inside of an oven door looked like.... Inadvertently, just two days ago I invited people over to my place for Thanksgiving dinner because....you guessed it......I have a double oven.


Then I got a phone call from my five year old's nurse at school. It appears he put the "P" in P.E. ....if you know what I mean. So, I got the baby up from the nap that I had just put him down for, finally dressed the two year old, grabbed a change of underwear and pants and headed to his school so that he could change his clothes.

All of this happened before 11AM.

My son's accident incident inadvertently reminded me of a blog entry I did about a year and a half ago. So, I thought I'd have a "Throw down" and post a past entry that was one of my favorites for you to enjoy. Post your own "Throw down" if you'd like!

I call it.......
The Spare Pair

2 comments:

Lorena said...

Sorry...that must have happened because I so covet your double oven.

shauna said...

Remind me to lock my oven when your 2 year old comes over--Thanksgiving is next month and I don't have a "spare" oven.