Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hang gliding 101

My kids like to chatter. A lot. They will follow me around as they explain things to me like how they want their next birthday cake to look or the reasons why I need to buy the "Aqua Globe" even though we don't even own a plant.

The chatter is accentuated those times when my husband is out of the country on business trips.

I'll admit that a lot of the time I tune their background noise chatter out. Although, I have been busted on occasion when I nod and say, "Uh huh. Really? That's cool" by a child who will then say, "No. It's NOT cool that Erik can open my electronic diary mom". But every once in a while, they will say something that catches my attention. Today, it was "Hang glider Rules" by Jack. He's so smart.


1. Put hang glider together


2. Always hang on


3. Don't open your mouth or else you'll swallow a bug or a bee and a bee would be bad because it would sting you


4. Be sure to bring snacks in case you get hungry


5. Keep your eyes open always because if you look down at the water, you might run into a mountain or birds


And that's all the stuff you need to do to hang glide.


I'll have to keep that in mind. And it's just about as useful to me as an Aqua Globe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack's got some pretty good ideas there! LOL

My kids always want the Aqua Globes, too. "Those are so cool, Mom!! Pleeeeeease?" LOL

Mela said...

Must be the Christiansen side because Andrew is the same way! I was just talking to Kyle on the phone about a conversation that Andrew was having with "the bug man" the other day. I was listening through the baby monitor and Andrew was following him from room to room talking away! it was really kind of cute and the "bug man" was totally talking back with him, pretending he was interested.