Tuesday, April 15, 2008

In case you ever wanted to know.....

Those temporary tattoos you get in the current Happy Meal at McDonalds take forever to fade. I initially thought they would be like the cheapo Shrek tattoos from the Corn Pops box that lasted a couple of days or at least until the next bath. So when I put them on my two oldest boys the Saturday of Conference weekend, I thought for sure by the time church rolled around the next week, the pirate skull and crossbones picture would have been long gone from their forearms.


FYI: McDonald's temporary tattoos are more titanium than temporary.

We got the Happy Meal on April 5th. This is a picture of what it looks like today.....10 days later.




My nailpolish doesn't last this long! Right now, I'm just hoping it will fade by the time he has his three year pictures taken next month. I'm blissfully hoping that maybe his quick-tempered, unstable two year old disposition will fade along with it. At least I know his chocolate Cocoa Puffs residue on his face is temporary.

4 comments:

shauna said...

Ya, I know all about that. Laki got one from somewhere and it has been on for a good 2 1/2 weeks. It is well covered on his belly though.

I heard that if you rub oil on them it helps get them off. Haven't tried it yet. LIke you, I wish my pedicure lasted as long!

AZ Karen said...

Just yesterday, my friend told me a funny story about her little boy. In his music class at school, his teacher gives the kids a stamp on their hands if they've behaved themselves that day. So, she went to give him his, and he said, "I can't have that on my hand." She asked, "Why not?" He said, "Because my body is a temple."

I wish they all took it that literally!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! For our tattoos, we definitely suggest that you try some rubbing alcohol or some baby oil. Hopefully that will do the trick for these as well. Good luck!

Rose Marie
Ink'd Temporary Tattoos

lackrik said...

hey.....what do you know! The rubbing alcohol worked like a charm. Wish I knew about that 3 days ago. lol!