Wednesday, January 21, 2009

100 Day School Celebration

I have a smart son.

Today, Jack showed me his 100 day celebration artwork he made at school. He was proud of his 100 boxes of M & Ms he declared he could "eat" and I laughed at his wit when he drew a picture of what he will look like when he is 100 ( a mound of dirt and a gravestone ).

Then, with enthusiasm, he showed me the picture of what he wanted the most. 100 toys to go with the 100 bedrooms in the house with our 100 kids.

Come again?


I laughed. He was serious. I think..........

I told him I know we already have "100 toys" because I seem to be the only one who knows how to pick them up. I then tried to break it to him very gently that we would not have 100 kids let alone a 100 bedroom house.

I was impressed with his optimism when he said we already had 4 kids so......
"We could have them in sets of two. No....TRIPLETS! No WAIT! Uh, Mom.....what is 'four'?"

"Quadruplets?"

"Yeah! Or you could have them five at a time!"

"That's quintuplets honey. And six would be sextuplets and seven septuplets!" You learn these terms when you grow up in a family with multiples. Anything more than "twins" is considered a swear word and you may be struck down for even suggesting such things.

His eyes grew bigger and bigger with excitement as he anxiously danced around actually believing this was all possible. I wasn't prepared to have a birds and bees talk with my six year old with Dora blaring in the background. I just told him I was too old to have 100 kids then continued......

"And eight would be octuplets! And after that, I have no idea what it's called. Insanity maybe?"

Here I was thinking this was just a fun little math lesson until I realized he was really serious. So I asked him who would change all of those stinky diapers?

Being the smart, quick-wit child, he replied, rather quickly I might add, "Lauren can!"

I heard a stunned, "HUH?" in the background then got the impression Lauren wasn't too thrilled with this plan.

Jack then said, "Yeah! Lauren wants to learn to change diapers." And then he was gone..........

Told you he was smart......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's a smartie for sure! LOL

My dd drew a picture of herself underground for the 'in 100 years' page, too, with the words "I'll be dead!" scrawled underneath. Sometimes I wonder if they have that page in there to see if the kids are paying attention - to have a little reality check, so to speak. LOL

word verification: "misses" as in, us on the board sure misses you!

Rydgd said...

That's hilarious!

AZ Karen said...

He's a funny kid. But if you did have 100 kids then TLC would do a show about your family and you could afford to build the house with 100 rooms.

I'm just saying he might be on to somehting and you might want to think about it.

shauna said...

Just last night I read a news story about octuplets, yes, 8 healthy babies born in Ca. I won't tell Jack if you wont.

Jana said...

I always love catching up on your blog! You crack me up! Our anniversary IS in January so I guess we planned that right! Good luck with all those kids you'll be having. I'll help Lauren change all those diapers (but only during the daytime)!