Sunday, January 18, 2009

10th Anniversary at Disneyland


We had a GREAT time! And note to self.........never EVER go to Disneyland again unless it is in the month of January. And while our anniversary technically isn't until April 1st, we figured we'd take the opportunity to go now since I'll be immobile when our real anniversary comes around.

We stayed at the Grand Californian Hotel right off of California Adventure. This was the lobby:



And this was our view of Downtown Disney:


And this dude from the ESPN restaurant, I swear, was Drake's twin:

In either case, they are both in need of a serious haircut. It was a crack up to watch him make his finger gestures I'm guessing directing people where the nearest exits were......





This is us right before our River Rapids ride. I was the lucky one to get the most wet and my hair wasn't the same the rest of the day:


Trying to get a shot of Main Street USA:



Until a nice lady came along and offered to take it for us:



I think we spent the most time on the Toy Story Mania ride. Kirk got the third highest score on one of our days there. I was ranked #5 on the Buzz Lightyear ride with my lightening fast laser speed action: And no, there is no shame in beating scores of the two year olds in line. If they can't stand the heat.....maybe they ought to stick with the Dumbo ride.


I got one of these:

While Kirk played Toy Story Mania with the dude who holds the high score. He got a few pointers then tried to hide those pointers from me until I pointed out that he looked like a cat with a canary in its mouth. He spilled a couple.......I'll share one with you: If you pop all of the balloons in the clouds together and within the same time, rainbow balloons will fall down worth 2000 points each. Just so you know.....

We had a lot of fun. It wasn't long after we got home and heard the first set of whining and complaining that we were shocked back into reality again. At least our Cokes are cheaper in the "real" world.......

6 comments:

Home by the Creekside said...

I would like to go again. The last time and only time I have ever gone was when you booked the plane tickets and planned the whole trip back in the singles ward day. Looks like fun!

Lorena said...

So jealous...we're TOTALLY doing this, although how do I tell my kids I'm going to Disneyland WITHOUT them?

Rydgd said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great trip!. We did d-land in January once, too- AWESOME! No lines, great weather! Sounded like a good time!

Unknown said...

The key to going without the kids is to not tell the kids where you are going ;-)

Anonymous said...

how fun! DH and I did something similar for our 10th... we went to Cedar Point and rode roller coasters until we nearly barfed. Fun times. Congrats on the upcoming anniversary!

(and did I miss why you'll be immobile near your ann'y?)

Meredith Ferrin said...

what a fun vacation! Looks like you had a great time! Disneyland is totally different without kids!