Friday, January 16, 2009

I Don't have time for this!

I really need to be careful what I do and say around the kids.




The other day, I was frustrated that Erik couldn't get his act together when we needed to be out the door..... like yesterday. This, by the way, is typical. He wouldn't get dressed then when he did, it was slopped on by his semi-nutritious breakfast of Cinnamon Toast Crunch which meant going upstairs for a new outfit just to later discover he also didn't know where he put his shoes. Typical. And being typical, the typical response by myself is, "I don't have TIME for this!"

So, what does my three year old say to me when he didn't want to stop playing his video game? "MOM! I don't have TIME for this!"

Ok. I deserved that one.


The night before Kirk and I were leaving for our 10th anniversary get-a-way, I was doing laundry. That's not the typical part....... I was also trying to get little kids ready for bed. Typically, I throw their pj's over the stairs railing if I'm not quite ready to go downstairs that way they will be waiting for me when I am.

Typically, this trick works great. Not-so-typically, my youngest caught me and thought he would "help". The contents of a clean and folded basket ( sometimes typical but usually not ) were thrown over the railing.







And typically, I had to get a picture so I could blog it. My second most popular phrase?

"Not HELPING!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no!! Don't you love when they are so 'helpful'?

Anonymous said...

oooohhhhh noooooo.... lol

gotta love the "I don't have time for this!" though. My 4 yr old's favorite phrase the past couple weeks has been "I'm so outta here!" if he can't watch what he wants to on TV. LOL