Friday, September 28, 2007

Would you like a little cheese with your art?

Lauren has always loved to draw and create little masterpieces. I remember one day when she was about four, she drew pictures of the cast from Fairly Oddparents and it was pretty darn good I must say! Better than I could have done that's for sure.


A few weeks ago, she brought home a nice 11 X 14 abstract watercolor creation she made in art class. She felt inclined to show us how she did it and explained all of the different mediums you can use to create art. Watercolors. Oil. Acrylic. Clay. Plaster. Toothpaste. Cheese.

So, she spent a good two hours making another mixed media creation that was three parts watercolor/glitter, two parts Kirkland brand shredded cheddar cheese and one part Aquafresh toothpaste.




Then thankfully, she hung it next to my husband's side of the bed. She had us walk into the room with our eyes closed as she unveiled her masterpiece. I remember my husband said, "Oh WOW! That's great! I see you used watercolors to make pretty circles and stars.....and is that.....cheese?"

Lauren exclaimed, "YES! And toothpaste too!"



The cheese was glued to the center of the paper and underlined with toothpaste for further emphasis. You'll notice the cheese isn't there anymore. A couple of days later, Lauren noticed it was missing. She asked, "HEY! What happened to the cheese?"



I said, "I don't know. Maybe it was the food source for that really lucky scorpion that stung me the other day?"

Well, I thought it was funny but she didn't seem to get it.


4 comments:

Lorena said...

Ewwww...I can do without a little of that.

Is the picture up on an easel? You guys are fancy!

shauna said...

I'm just wondering, WHO cut the cheese?

Cheesy huh?! No one else did it and I couldn't resist!

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

LOL That is too cute!

*Tanyetta* said...

awwwwwwwww tooo cute :)