Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My new hiding spot


My cute little block picture holder thingy disappeared today. I knew exactly who took it since the evidence was laid out so nice and evenly on the couch right below where the picture holder was sitting.

I asked him if he knew where my picture holder went. He replied, "Hmmmm. Let's see?"
Yes. Let's see.


We then proceeded to play the "Where is it hiding?" game for the next fifteen minutes as we aimlessly walked around the family room, kitchen and living room while he curiously exclaimed, "No. Not in here." We even looked in three closets. Nothing. I hoped he might remember where he put such an odd looking, memorable object seeing that he remembered where he put the TV remote the last time he hid it on the bottom shelf next to the cereal boxes in the pantry. Or Lauren's sports bottle he stored in a bookcase.............for a month.

No such luck.
It wasn't until tonight as I was preparing dinner and opened the freezer that I realized where my picture holder had been hiding all day.


Wedged nicely between the frozen celery and home made enchilada sauce.

So then it dawned on me. I've got a few Christmas presents that need a good hiding place. Too bad it's not big enough to hold a bike or two.



Or a Wii.






JUST KIDDING! If I were getting a Wii, I wouldn't put it in the freezer.

5 comments:

Meredith Ferrin said...

Lisa,
Your kids Crack me up!! What fun memories of Super Saturday to see the family block thing. We were just talking about that craft the other day, who was the person who made a million of those and their fingers turned black from twisting all the wire? Hope all is well with you guys! Have a great holiday!

lackrik said...

LOL! Oh yeah! Was it Amber? I was only ambitious enough to do 3.


Hope you guys have a great Christmas!!!

Mela said...

Ok, about a year or so ago, Kyle lost his camera battery charger, we looked everywhere. We finally went and bought another one for him. A month or so later I was getting something out of the side door on the bottom (I guess I don't look there too often) and there it was! I think I took a picture of it too. Yup, Drew had to have put it there.

shauna said...

I didn't know you can freeze celery or picture holders or bikes or wii's.

I think I remember you lost a part to your laundry basket. I loved that post too.

Lorena said...

If you get a Wii, let me know...your house would then be a great hiding place for my kids.