Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Sweet.

That's about how I would describe it.

This Dodge Grand Caravan is S.W.E.E.T. It's so sweet that it's the reason I haven't posted in a week. I've been too busy having fun.

I mean. When was the last time you got in your car and had this happen?

What? You've never seen this picture before? Let me point some things out for you:


Notice the kids sitting in their chairs quietly particularly the two year old? Notice the two children in the back seat not touching each other? Notice the 24 oz root beer in a cup holder? Notice the Nintendo being played?


Heaven I tell you. This is what it was like on our little road trip we took to Tombstone over the weekend. Pure Heaven. My husband and I talked while listening to either the songs from the Big '80s or the Hair bands stations on our Satellite radio. Yes, it had satellite radio but more importantly, we actually were able to "talk" without being interrupted a thousand times by a child saying, "He's touching me!" or "She's copying me!"



We reminisced about the days when we were young and piled seven people and luggage in our wood paneled brown Country Squire station wagon with brown vinyl seats and drove cross country to visit grandma. We talked about the dreams we have of one day taking the kids on road trips across the country to visit National Parks, Historical places in history and big balls of rubber bands. We knew we could totally do it if we had a car just like this one. We don't know how we even survived those trips when we were young without a TV and only AM radio. I'd pay for the extra features like the dual TVs and video game console plug ins. I figure, it would cost less to add those features and be able to drive and see more things than it would be to fly six people to one place......once.



Right?



This was my view from the back bench seat. I got to watch Spongebob Squarepants.



So people were pretty impressed with the ride. Men were jealous of the navigation system, tailgating bench option, automatic start button on the key fob and Sirius Satellite radio. Women were jealous of the fact that kids could watch Disney channel or Nick Jr. at any time and that the seats were made out of leather which cleans up those chocolate milk spills and projectile vomiting messes pretty easily.



Both were equally impressed with the rear-view security camera, swivel seats and the back bench that folded down with a simple push of a button.



The day came though, when I had to give up my ride. I thought how heartless and cruel it was for someone to dangle this thing in front of me for a week and then just take it away like that. I went through withdrawals. I started out not sure I'd even LIKE a minivan since I've driven an SUV for the last six years. I was afraid I'd be labeled a "Soccer mom" or that my SUV driving mom friends would shun me for going over to the dark side. But, I got in my Tahoe for the first time in a week and it felt so......so.......blah. I shamelessly admit that I fell in love with a minivan.



My poor son. Yesterday after we had to give up the van, he got in our Tahoe and said, "Where's the TV?" This afternoon we saw a comerical on TV for "our" car. The kids excitedly pointed out the cool features that we were able to experience for ourselves as we took a little trip down memory lane and fondly talked about the memories of "our" car.


sigh.


I can't wait until we replace the Tahoe.

2 comments:

shauna said...

This is the case of "Too good BECAUSE it was true."

I wish my hubby would have been picked to try it. We have a minivan that I have loved but he thinks we are never doing minivan again. WAhhhhh. Maybe this would have convinced him.

Lucky you and now POOR you. If you need a "hit", come on over and drive my van. It is not the REAL thing, but it might hit the spot.

Lorena said...

Hmmm...I wonder what you will replace the Tahoe with.

I must have seen the same commercial, and Dane must have noticed the drool out the side of my mouth when he said, "You want one, huh?"

Yeah, dude, I want one, but I also want a tummy tuck and northern lift, but it's not gonna happen.