Sunday, May 18, 2008

My latest project


You might ask yourself, "When on earth do you find time with four kids to do all of these extra curricular things like blogging and stock trading and coming in the top 1.1% last week in the CNBC portfolio challenge (shameless plug) between planning Sharing Times, writing the upcoming Primary Program, end of the school year activities and five summer birthdays?"


That's a good question.

The short answer? Diet Coke.
The longer answer? My husband has been going out of town a lot lately and I always need a project that both keeps me sane and keeps me up until way past my bedtime ( that is if I still have the energy ) because that's the only time of the day when the house is quiet and I can actually hear myself think. Sometimes I'll have full conversations in my head while I work. Seriously. And the cool thing is that whatever I'm debating to myself about, I'm always right.

So......here's the latest. The boy's bathroom.


I first put wainscotting on the walls:



Then took two tries to get the right shade of green:

Added little initial boards I made from wood and material plus hooks on the wall:


Oh, and while I was at it......I nailed some boards to the wall in my hallway and hung a bunch of hooks because I was tired of backpacks laying all over the floor. LOVING IT by the way!

Now I need to come up with something else to do next week..................

6 comments:

melanie said...

2 words for a project next week...

MY HOUSE.

:) Melanie

AZ Karen said...

2 more words for the week after that...

I'M NEXT!

You're amazing.

Mela said...

very cute Lisa! You did a great job!

Curt, Charlene, Luke, Ty, Jake and Chase said...

Looks great! You are amazing. When you run out of projects, you can come to MY HOUSE!

Kyle Is Neat said...

Lisa - this looks amazing!!! Wow!

Lorena said...

Lisa, I know everyone else wants you, but you seriously need to teach me, mold me, and make me you.