Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Nice going CNBC


$1.000M
Total Portfolio Value*Top 42.3% Game Rank*204631st

4,918 (0.5%) Gain/Loss, Intraday


The above probably makes no sense to anyone but me but I'll try and explain it. See, CNBC is doing a million dollar portfolio challenge. You have 5 different portfolios each with 1 million dollars to compete each week for a prize. It started yesterday and was full of glitches. Of course. Finally, after waiting until 10pm last night to see where I stood with my earnings from yesterday's picks, I saw that I was up 4.5% or $43,000!!! I had great picks with McDonalds, Research in Motion ( thanks to the new Blackberry thingy ), Genco shipping and Apple.

Then I noticed the leader board which showed the top 25 winners from yesterday. The most that was made was $17,000.

HELLO!!!!!!!!!???????

I made $43,000! Today, I noticed my account only had the original amount in it and that I was only up .5% today. I see what stocks in theory, traded yesterday in my transaction history but for some dumb reason, I'm not getting the credit from the gains. I made $17,000 from Genco shipping ( GNK ) alone!

idiots.

( Bitter? Who me? )

Oh well, the winner this week gets a pair of tickets to the World Series. And you all know how much I love baseball...............

I'm holding out for the $500,000 grand prize.

EDITED TO ADD:

Here's where I stand today! After the royal hosing I got from the first day, I've moved from the top 42% to the top 13%!


$1.009M
Total Portfolio Value*
Top 13.8%
Game Rank*
70787th
Game Rank Position*
+9,018 (0.9%)
Gain/Loss, Intraday
+9,018 (0.9%)
Gain/Loss, Weekly*
+9,018 (0.9%)
Gain/Loss, Overall*

2 comments:

Kyle Is Neat said...

Many of my co-workers are doing this contest...

about glitches in the CNBC thing - according to one of my co-workers last year their website didn't account for some time zone changes in AZ where one could have an 1 hour advantage in their trades. This undocumented advantage lasted for about 2 weeks...

melanie said...

Wow Lisa, that's AWESOME!!