Monday, February 06, 2006

Cool



I'm "Cool".

That's what my 5 year old daughter said to me the other day. Now, lest you think my daughter a snob, I should clarify that "Cool" in this particular context wasn't used in the form of an adjective. Not even the slang term coined in the 1980's. No, this "Cool" was actually her pretend "name".

Lauren, my 5 year old, came to me the other day wearing my sunglasses. She informed me that she was NOT my daughter Lauren, but rather her name was Cool. When I asked Lauren, I mean, Cool, where my daughter went, she told me that she was at a hotel.

Ahhhh........ that makes sense.

My first thought was, "I'D like to be at a hotel right now." But, I digress.... I then informed Cool that Lauren needed to get her shoes on and get ready to go to school. Cool told me she would pass the message on to Lauren for me. She came back in the room without glasses on so I assumed she had gotten my message.

I made sure Lauren knew that Cool couldn't go to school with her. She was ok with that. Cool wanted to stay at the hotel anyways.

3 comments:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

AHAHAHA!!! Funny. She' so cool.

emlouisa said...

rofl! I can't wait to read more of your blog!!!!

Anonymous said...

DH here. One addition to this story of the amazing creativity and cleaverness of our daughter was that Lauren also made herself a "Cool" nametage using a post-it. That way, when I got home from work that night, I could tell to whom I was talking.