Tuesday, February 07, 2006

He's crawling


My 8 1/2 month old is crawling.

That statement right there is enough to make other moms give me that nod and look of "Ohhhhhh" and show pity on me. That is because they know, and I know that this is the phase that takes "baby proofing" to a whole new level. Oh sure, if it's your first child, you can't WAIT for this milestone. When it's your second, third or more.....you hold off as long as you can. That's because you know better.

In my son's new found exploration, I have discovered many objects in his mouth. Enough that I decided to make a list ( *see previous blog ):

1. post it paper
2. balmex top
3. piece of cooked onion
4. a rock
5. a button
6. same previously mentioned piece of cooked onion
7. piece of tape
8. Polly Pocket outfit
9. Piece of a diaper
10. string
11. a barrette

12. rubber end of a doorstop


So what have I learned?

A. My child is a human vacuum
B. I have a filthy floor
C. Mom needs to pay closer attention to her child
D. All of the above

3 comments:

Lee said...

That is such a rough age, keeps you going all over. Good luck with it all!

Rachelle said...

Cam is 9.5 months and still not crawling. You give me much to look forward to. BTW, I see your intellitainer in the background!

emlouisa said...

Lol! I don't want M to crawl, but sitting up on his own would certainly be ideal. We would all be much happier people if he would just figure it the heck out.