Monday, February 27, 2006

Sticker shock!



I think I've figured out why dinosaurs are extinct. Seen here is the Laurenpostistickysaurus.


Poor thing didn't have a chance when it came face-to-face with the yellow post it.


As you can see, my daughter has a sticker fetish. She's been this way since she was about 2. I think it started when we tried potty training. Every time she went in the potty, she got to put a sticker on her chart. We kept all kinds of stickers on hand for such occassions. Princess stickers, animal stickers, heart stickers, Dora stickers, bug stickers....you name it! She even learned that she could make her own sticker by putting tape on the back of a regular piece of paper. I have a bunch of llamas and red-eyed tree frog pictures on my refrigerator that she printed up from the Dora the Explorer website, colored and slapped a piece of sticky tape to the back. I also have souveniers of left over sticky residue throughout my house where I tried to peel off the sticker and only 2/3 of it actually came off.


So, when her Grandma Hagen gave her candy heart stickers for Valentine's Day, one can only imagine the fun that was had at our house. I didn't think Grandma would believe me if I told her where the stickers ended up so I thought I'd take a few pictures to be entered in as evidence.



















And the most pathetic one of all........















I guess I should count my blessings. Atleast it's not a sharpie.


7 comments:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Ahahaha!!! I wish my kids would put stickers everywhere...I lucked out though and did indeed get the sharpie...

MusicalMom said...

lol!! I should take a picture of my kids' bunk sometime. It's covered in stickers. As the bench to my vanity has been, many walls and doors, etc.

I've never had the sharpie, but my walls and doors and my daughter's toy kitchen have all had crayon drawings on them. Many times.

QueenMeadow said...

I think I'll stop complaining about my kids putting stickers all over themselves, lol. I think the worst I've had is a sticker stuck to the carpet after falling off of one of their faces :P

Lee said...

That is hilarious! Looks like what I did when I was a kid!! lol

Rachelle said...

LOL! What a cutie! And stickers everywhere!

emlouisa said...

Are they all over the windows in the backseat of your car? That's when you know your kid is obsessed in the sticker arena.

I give my kid stickers to keep him quiet at church. Everyone around us snickers because he covers himself in stickers. Hey, I'm a poet and I didnt' know it!

Alicia said...

LOL! I thought dh would die when ds put stickers on the tv screen.