Friday, February 17, 2006

A "weighty" subject.

My daughter got on the scale yesterday and asked, "Mom? How much do I weigh?"

I looked and then answered "45 pounds".

Her reaction to this news took me a little by surprise. She replies to me in a high-pitched-disappointed-whiny voice, "OHHHhhhhh. But I wanted to weigh MORE than that!"

Come again?

I'm pretty confident that those words never have and never WILL fall out of my mouth. And I've got 20 post-pregnancy pounds that have taken up residence around various regions on my body to prove it. And that whole "it took 9 months to put it on, give yourself 9 months to take it off" philosophy? Well, that's as full of it as calories in a pint of Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby ice cream!

I'm trying though. Really. I am. I'm doing Weight Watchers again. By "again", I don't mean I fell off the wagon. By "again", I mean, I did it before I got pregnant with Erik. I must admit though that it has been a lot harder this time around. I've determined that whoever it was that invented ready-made cookie dough is evil. And that a family of 5 ( yes, I'm counting the baby because trust me... "4" will sound a whole lot worse! ) should never buy a Costco Cheesecake.

I actually feel bad right now because I finally got the baby down for a nap and I really did contemplate putting in my "Firm" video and exercising. But, where did I end up? Sitting here blogging about my weight and eating popcorn. It is the 94% Fat Free Kettle Corn. Only 3 points per bag in Weight Watchers speak. And I could have sworn I read somewhere that typing burns calories so I'm sure that must be worth an "activity point" or two. Besides, if I don't feel bad about what my driver's license says I weigh, I probably shouldn't feel THAT bad about it. Now, if I were to maybe adjust my scale a little in my favor....I might feel bad about that.

Watching the Olympics doesn't help either. Neither does watching the chicks on "Survivor" who were wiry enough when they got there and have to witness them getting more and more transparent every week. 'Cause seeing all of those people and their stellar in-shape shapes would be enough to drive someone to eat a Krispy Kreme or two, I'd reckon. Not that I've done that myself. I'm just saying......



7 comments:

emlouisa said...

Yay for starting WW again! It's great!

Rachelle said...

I'm doing WW too. I have a lot more to lose than you do. Good luck! And I could be exercising too (baby is napping), but instead I surf the net.

Heather said...

I can totally relate!!!

Amber said...

If you can't see me eating a cinnamon roll then it doesn't count right?

Alicia said...

WHOO HOO for WW! 98% FF Kettle Corn is the best WW snack.

Becky said...

Good for you! I need to do WW myself! Good luck!!

QueenMeadow said...

Good luck! I think typing counts as an activity ;)